Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Get In The Wheelbarrow

Would you like to know the difference between trust and faith? I love the story about going to the circus and watching the high wire artists perform dazzling feats of balance, a hundred feet in the air with no net. One high wire artist pushes a wheelbarrow back and forth and watching him you trust that he can do it perfectly without plunging to his death. Faith is getting in the wheelbarrow.

I'm having one of those wheelbarrow moments now, you know what I'm talking about, we've all had them. Some seasons of life seem to crush in on you, and the path ahead is not clear, so there's nothing to be done but get in the wheelbarrow. Dear friends in Christ scripture does not say you'll never experience fear, it does assure us that the perfect love of Jesus will cast out fear. It's waiting in the wheelbarrow that's uncomfortable.

So what I plan to do while I'm in the wheelbarrow is what I do every day I'm not. Pray, read scripture, and try to be of service to others, when I do that my life is less about me and I suspect that's alright with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment