Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'm Sending Me To Time-Out

I know it's time to quit when I get sarcastic, when I treat those who disagree with me scornfully. Politics does that to me like no other topic and lately I've been drawn to it like a moth to flame. So I'm going to retreat to scripture and the quest for the harvest, really, we'll all benefit from me stepping out of the debate. You won't get lambasted for being a wing nut (SEE?) and I won't spend quite so much time feeling smug and superior.
The truth is this is already settled, Revelation is quite clear on what's coming, so why am I getting all exercised? There are souls to be saved and I'm wanting badly to be a part of that, not some running skirmish with birthers. It's not that government isn't important, that there aren't great issues that need solving and I'm glad that there are people willing to step up and debate those matters.
My heart is calling me elsewhere, that doesn't make me superior to anyone, all it says is "My heart calls me elsewhere." At The Fellowship of the Cup last night we talked about forgiveness, and I felt peace in that atmosphere. Jesus had quite a bit to say about forgiveness and my friends there lifted and edified my spirit. I don't get that when I'm immersed in political debate. And that says more about me than it speaks to the nature of political debate.
So you guys handle it without me, I add nothing but discord to the discussion. By the way, have you read John 1 lately? If you're looking for some peace, read it, you'll be bathed in serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment