Sunday, July 24, 2011

I Was Hopelessly, Miserably Wrong

In a recent post I lampooned the Brocton Rocs for selling an $80 hot dog at their minor league baseball games. Turns out they were mere wannabee purveyors of overpriced fast food. I now present to you the $1000 bagel, a $4200 pizza, a burger selling for $5000, and the piece de resistance, a $25,000 ice cream sundae. VIEW HERE

Granted, several of the chef's cheat by offering things like diamond encrusted spoons you get to keep after eating. And that's just wrong, it's a cheap trick to drive up the costs of the dish to make it appear expensive. What's really impressive is the use of edible gold in several of the dishes, yes edible gold, which makes you think that we might be able to segue into a whole new category, the world's most expensive bowel movements.

At any rate, I hereby apologize to the Brocton Rocs, $80 hot dogs are so yesterday they seem cheap. I'll have mine with Grey Poupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment