Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Zombies

I love zombie movies. How can you not love a movie where the victims are eaten by monsters with all the speed and agility of an oyster?  Seriously, if you get run down and gnawed on by a zombie you probably need to die so that your DNA won't pollute the gene pool.

Next to zombie movies I like really bad sci-fi.  To qualify as quality bad sci-fi you need a pack of teenagers on a day trip to some wilderness area, three of whom are nerds, two delinquents, and a couple in love. They'll need to accidentally stumble across a mine shaft where 46 miners died inexplicably 65 years ago, an incident by the way that none of the locals will talk about. Then the teenagers need to die, in no particular order although it helps if one of the lovebirds go early, bitten by a mysterious gerbil heretofore unknown to man.

Occasionally I am faced with times when there are no zombie or bad sci-fi movies playing, it's then I turn to old reliable, SpongeBob Squarepants. But that's another blog post. I pity those drawn to movies with meaning, to well written dramas with a profoundly moving message about why things are the way they are, there's enough of that in the headlines. I like my entertainment juvenile with no redeeming social value, entertainment that speaks to the pre-teen in me. Maybe when I grow up that will change.

But not today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment