Saturday, June 4, 2011

Don't Hijack My Witness

“I’m very concerned about the politicization of the faith. . . . I think being owned by a party is dangerous.” Jim Daly...President Focus on the Family
 Jesus did not say "Go ye into all the world and legislate".... as a Christian I may not share your beliefs on gay marriage, immigration, taxes, Medicare , Social Security, or any number of issues in the public square. I expect that your faith will inform your vote as will mine, but that doesn't mean we'll agree on those issues. So don't go forming groups that claim to speak for Jesus or other believers on political matters.

2 comments:

  1. I agree John. It seems we spend more time trying to change congress than we do trying bring people to the knowledge of God's love. It's a classic case of putting the cart before the horse.

    If we as Christians can bring people to Christ then the Holy Spirit will change them and if enough people are changed by the Holy Spirit then the congress will be changed.

    I'm not saying we shouldn't be involved in politics but our focus should be on reaching the lost for Christ, not our cause.

    You can't legislate morality...that's God's job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right Lee, make more Christians, see what happens to the country then.....we want to subcontract our role to politicians...

    ReplyDelete